From Human Embryology
Ethics - Declaration of Helsinki
- WMA Declaration of Helsinki - Ethical Principles for Medical Research Involving Human Subjects 1995
- justice, respect, maximum benefits to human subjects, and avoidance of harms as far as possible.
- Historical And Contemporary Perspectives 2001
- "prior to the Second World War, no international statement of the ethical precepts that should govern human experimentation had been adopted"
- Australian National Statement on Ethical Conduct in Research Involving Humans (1999)
- includes a provision to the effect that before granting approval to a clinical trial, a Human Research Ethics Committee must be satisfied that the protocol conforms to, inter alia (among other things), the Declaration of Helsinki.