UAB-DMC 2019 Slide Scanning
Domenech-Mateu Collection Slide Scanning
Slide scanner delivered August, Zeiss technician installed at end of August, and test scanning commenced September 2019.
This page is designed to provide specific technical information for the slide scanner setup for collection scanning.
Embryo E109 used as test series.
Embryo E109 30 mm (Carnegie Stage 23)
|Carnegie stage:||1 2 3 4||5 6||7 8 9||10 11 12 13||14 15||16 17||18 19||20 21 22 23|
Stage 23 Human Embryo (E109) 30 mm Abdomen (slide 1-17), thorax (slide 17-23), Original name - Bi-1
Also a "B" series? slide 8 - 23 and 55?
- Slides cleaned with microfibre cloth, excess mountain removed with blade.
- Sticker added to label zone with embryo number and slide number.
- Naming UAB-E109-slidenumber
- Need to reset sequence of scan/numbering - bottomtopleftright (will this be different for different embryos?)
- Course autofocus not working correctly - need to manually set (3300-3400)
- Slide 1 image 15,16 not sharp; slide 2 image 13 not sharp. When rescanned after fine focus on these section and wider course range OK.